The third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive is set to begin on May 1 in India. The Indian government has announced that every citizen above the age of 18 will be eligible to get vaccinated in the third phase of the vaccination drive. Until now, people only above the age of 45 were eligible to get inoculated against the Coronavirus but from the next month, the government has extended the eligibility criteria. This comes after the country is reeling from a sudden spike in new cases of the COVID-19. As of April 22, India recorded 3,32,503 new cases of Coronavirus with a total recovery in 1,36,41,606 cases.
Let’s get #Vaccinated! In phase 3 of the world’s #LargestVaccineDrive starting from 1st May 2021, all citizens above 18 years will be eligible for the vaccination. The registration to start from 28th April 2021 through the #CoWIN platform and Aarogya Setu App. #IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/yhaLCGKBfy
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) April 23, 2021
The Indian government has announced that all citizens above the age of 18 will be eligible to receive vaccination against COVID-19 starting May 1. However, the registrations for eligible people will begin a bit earlier on April 28 so the system does not tax with a lot of requests on the first day.
BIG BOOST TO WORLD’S #LargestVaccineDrive!
Everyone aged 18+ will be eligible to get #COVIDVaccine from 1st May
Vaccination shall continue as before in Govt. vaccination centres, free of cost to eligible population, i.e. Health Care & Front Line Workers & citizens aged 45+ pic.twitter.com/hJYneskPo6
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) April 19, 2021
Furthermore, the government has announced that people will have to first register online on the CoWIN website or Aarogya Setu app to schedule an appointment as on-sport registrations lead to a crowded situation at the vaccination centres. So if you are above the age of 18, here is how to register for the COVID-19 vaccine from April 28 in India.
How to register for the COVID-19 vaccine in India?
The government has announced that the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive will begin from May 1, the registrations for which will begin from April 28. Everyone who is above the age of 18 has to register themselves on the CoWIN website or Aarogya Setu app to schedule an appointment to receive the first shot of the vaccine. Currently, India is administering two vaccines: Covaxin developed by Bharat Biotech and Covishield which is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII).
To register for the COVID-19 vaccine follow these steps:
1. Go to the CoWIN website using any browser
2. Click the “Register/Sign In yourself” to begin the self-registration process
3. The website will ask you to enter your phone number for receiving an OTP
4. Enter the OTP you receive on your phone
5. The website will then ask for details for a Photo ID proof
6. Select a valid photo ID proof from the list (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Pan Card, Passport, Pension Passbook, NPR Smart Card or Voter ID)
7. Enter the Photo ID Number, Name, Gender and year of birth
8. Once all fields are filled, click on register.
9. After registering, the website will let you schedule an appointment with your nearest vaccination centre
10. You can also add three more members to the same account
11. Enter the Pin Code in the search bar to select your nearest vaccination centre and select the available time slot
12. Click confirm and you will have scheduled the vaccination appointment. You will receive a text message on the registered mobile number with the appointment details.
The registration for the COVID-19 vaccine can also be done through the Aarogya Setu app. If you have the Aarogya Setu app installed on your phone follow these steps:
1. Open the Aarogya Setu app on your phone
2. Select the CoWIN tab in the app
3. Tap on the ‘Vaccination’ option and then tap Register Now
4. The app will ask you to verify the phone number via OTP
5. After verifying, people need to enter Photo ID proof and more details as mentioned above.
6. You will receive a text message with appointment details after a successful registration.