Last Updated on January 15, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
LAGOS STATE PRESS RELEASE
LAGOS AFFIRMS SCHOOLS’ RESUMPTION DATE OF MONDAY, 18TH JANUARY 2021
The Lagos State Government has affirmed its earlier pronouncement that all public and private schools in Lagos State below tertiary level should resume on Monday, 18th January, 2021 for the second term 2020/2021 academic session.
This affirmation was made today by the Honourable Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo while noting that this is in line with the Federal Government’s resolution after reaching a consensus with relevant stakeholders.
Welcoming all to a happy and successful new academic term, Adefisayo urges students and members of staff to stay safe and adhere strictly to COVID-19 guidelines, adding that schools must provide soap, wash hand basin, alcoholic hand sanitizers, thermometers and other essential items in public and private schools across the State. She stressed that washing of hands, wearing of face masks and maintenance of social distancing must be adhered to in order to avoid further spread of the virus.
She however reiterated her earlier advice that all schools must ensure strict compliance with subsisting COVID-19 requirements for school’s resumption.
She further disclosed that administrators of both public and private schools are expected to ensure full compliance with the guidelines for school’s re-opening in their respective schools as the State’s Office of Education Quality Assurance Team will be on ground to monitor situations in all schools across the State.
Head, Public Affairs
Ministry of Education
15th January, 2020
About The Author
Alabi M. S.
* PERSONAL INFORMATION –
1. Name – Alabi Michael Segun –
2. Sector – Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board (LSUBEB) –
3. Current School – Ajeromi Nursery and Primary School, Ijora – Badia –
4. Local Government – LGEA, Apapa
| QUALIFICATIONS –
1. NCE 2002 (Mathematics/Geography) –
2. First Degree – B.Sc/Ed 2010 (Business Education) –
3. Second Degree – M.Ed (Business Education) –
| PROFESSIONAL AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT TRAINING –
1. Universal Basic Education Commission – 2007 –
2. Capacity Building Programme for Teachers under MDGs – 2011 –
3. Strengthening Mathematics and Science Education Project (SMASE), Cycle 1 Training – 2018 –
4. EkoExcel – 2020 –
| About CRN –
CRN – ClassRoomNote is Plan Lesson Notes Made by Teachers for Teachers. It is formally on the url of clicksamplenote.com.ng now on classbasic.com. We support teachers with hands-on lesson plans/notes, printable and thoughtful teaching resources for both primary, secondary schools and other educational resources.