MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 20 January 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Grieve Not The Holy Spirit
TOPIC: Grieve Not The Holy Spirit (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 20 January 2021)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 25-26
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Judges 16:1-6 (KJV)
1 Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her.
2 And it was told the Gazites, saying, Samson is come hither. And they compassed him in, and laid wait for him all night in the gate of the city, and were quiet all the night, saying, In the morning, when it is day, we shall kill him.
3 And Samson lay till midnight, and arose at midnight, and took the doors of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and went away with them, bar and all, and put them upon his shoulders, and carried them up to the top of an hill that is before Hebron.
4 And it came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah.
5 And the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and said unto her, Entice him, and see wherein his great strength lieth, and by what means we may prevail against him, that we may bind him to afflict him: and we will give thee every one of us eleven hundred pieces of silver.
6 And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee.
MEMORY VERSE: “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” – Ephesians 4:30
The Holy Spirit’s voice is as loud as your willingness to listen.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
RECEIVE THE BAPTISM OF THE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
The Holy Spirit can be grieved. He can also depart from a believer. Being sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, obeying His instructions and living in His will consistently increase His presence in a believer’s life significantly. Conversely, living in sin, unrighteousness and willful disobedience reduces His presence. If a believer persists in wilful sin and disobedience, the Holy Spirit will completely depart from him or her. A Christian without the Holy Spirit will experience avoidable and needless pain, become a prey to the enemy and live a miserable and unfulfilled life.
It is important for you to know the Holy Spirit can be grieved. Such a vital knowledge will help you from making that grievous mistake. Samson was a judge in Israel. His birth was announced by an angel. God endowed him with supernatural strength and his ministry gave Israel dominion over the Philistines, their arch enemies. The exploits of Samson were engineered by the Holy Spirit. However, Samson constantly grieved the Spirit of God. He lived a careless, carnal, immoral, impure and disobedient life. He touched the carcass of an animal, lusted after unbelieving women and committed immortality with impunity. He broke his Nazarine vows and covenants with God willfully and consistently. Eventually, he let out the secret of his unusual divine strength to Delilah. The seven locks of hair on his head were cut and he lost the Holy Spirit, his unusual anointing and ministry.
Apart from disobedience, character defects and ungodly lifestyles of pride, strife, covetousness, defiling the body (the temple of the Spirit) and arrogating the glory that belongs to God to one’s self can make the Holy Spirit depart from a Christian. Beloved, the Bible says that the things that are written are for our learning. Make Christlikeness your goal and let your life glorify God always. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit!
- I shall not grieve the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life that can make the Holy Spirit depart from me, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, develop the character of Christ in me, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not die in wilful sin and disobedience, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not be careless and blind to divine purpose like Samson, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast the spirit of strife out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 20, 2021 – DAY 14
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- O Lord, let Your anointing that produces solution to difficult situations, increase upon the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, in Jesus’ name.
- Evil mountains, challenging this church, be levelled, in the name of Jesus.
- You strongman, attached to any bad thing currently happening in MFM, be bound and paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, raise mighty men of valour, faithful pastors and faithful watchmen in this church. Raise a formidable army of the Lord, that will stand in the gap, until all cities of the world become a praise on earth, in Jesus’ name.
- Evil hands, responsible for problems in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil assignment of the enemy for my life, be terminated, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove my name from the book of those who see good things but do not receive it, in the name of Jesus.
- Hands of wicked elders, pushing my head down as I try to lift it up, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone, collecting graveyard sand against me, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Dark powers of the grave, get out of my way now, in the name of Jesus.
- Every statue of my life, in the graveyard, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Coffin arrows, sent against me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Enemies holding me, hold me no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to cover me with the garment of battles, be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.