When trying to conceive, tips can help you get started on the right track. I don’t know about you, but to me, it seems like everyone but me gets pregnant as soon as they decide it’s time to have a baby. It’s not fair at all. It took me over a year to get pregnant with my son, but other get pregnant without even trying.
To me, it seems that all of the odds are really stacked against you. There’s only a small period of time that you can actually get pregnant and if you aren’t having sex within that window, then you will definitely have a hard time trying.
Here are some of my tips for getting pregnant:
1. Track your ovulation. You need to know when you are most likely to release the egg in order to time your sex right. Do this through a combination of writing down the days of your period, checking your cervical mucus, charting basal body temperature and so on.
2. Use the ovulation test strips. They’re expensive if you buy them at the store, but you can find online sources very cheaply. I got some off of eBay for $1 and they work just fine. This helps you really pinpoint when you’re ovulating.
3. Have frequent sex. Your guy’s sperm can live inside you up to five days, so it’s good to sort of build up some reserves before ovulation. Try to go for every other day, which gives your guy time to build some strong swimmers.
4. Cut out the booze and smokes. You know you’re going to do it anyway once you’re pregnant, so stop now. This creates a healthier environment for a baby to grow and it also puts you into the correct mindset for having a baby.
5. Try alternative therapies. You can possibly improve your fertility with acupuncture or following the right type of diet.